Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Billman Update
It's pretty amazing to me how faithful God is in my life. I was a few weeks into teaching kindergarten this year when I came to the realization that life really shouldn't be this crazy. I was spread so thin between being a teacher, mom, and wife that I wasn't doing justice to any of those roles. We are part of a small group at our church and together we started praying for this situation. I just didn't know how I was going to make it to the end of the year. About a month later our friends Yvette and Justin Wardlaw approached us about me working two days a week watching their son, David. After working out a budget and praying for confirmation we felt like this was going to be best for our family. The hard part was giving my notice at work and telling the families and children that I was leaving. They found a teacher to take my place in a matter of two weeks and I had a week to train her and introduce her to the kids. It's been just over two weeks since we've made the change and Bret, Maddox and I are so happy. I love spending my days with Maddox and David is such a happy, fun and curious little boy. He actually reminds me a lot of Maddox at that age (10 months). I'm in the process of getting used to cooking more meals, eating out less, and learning how to live on a budget. If any of you have found great ways of doing this, I'd love to hear some tips. I am so thankful for God's provision for us over the past few months!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment